Here’s a listing of some of my favorite recipes. I hope to update this page regularly and be able to refer to it whenever I need meal ideas.
Want to try: http://bennardobakes.blogspot.com/2010/01/maple-leaf-cookies.html
* * * * *
- Flaky Mozzarella & Tomato Tart *****
- Grilled Flat Bread With Thyme
- Hummus & Cucumber Crustini ****
- Spinach Cheese Quisadillas ****
- Ingredients: large soft tortillas; shredded cheese; frozen spinach; ham (optional).
- Thaw and drain spinach. Pat dry with paper towel. On each large tortilla, sprinkle cheese, a layer of spinach, and another layer of cheese. Cover with a second tortilla. Cook each quisadilla over medium heat in a nonstick pan until slightly crispy (2-5 minutes each). Cut into quarters and serve warm.
* * * * *
- Crunchy Alfredo Chicken (my invention) *****
- Ingredients: Alfredo Noodle packet, prepared as directed; 1 c Cheez-its, crushed; boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Directions: Place chicken breasts in glass baking dish. Pour prepared Alfredo noodles over chicken. Sprinkle crushed crackers over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Taco Salad ****
- Ingredients: 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained; 1 pkg taco seasoning; cheese; tomatos, diced; lettuce; French dressing.
- Prepare taco seasoned ground beef, as directed on package. Mix salad immediately, or allow eaters to create their salads themselves.
- English Muffin Pizzas (self-explanatory) ****
- Easy Buttery Pasta (Paul’s invention) ****
- Ingredients: angel hair pasta; butter; all-purpose seasoning, salt.
- Directions: Cook pasta as directed and drain. In bowl, plop butter (about 1/4 c.) over steaming pasta. Stir to melt. Sprinkle with salt and your favorite seasonings.
- Egg Bake (Paul’s invention) *****
- Ham & Potato Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie *****
- Turkey & Artichoke Stuffed Shells with Arrabbiata Sauce *****
- Oven Roasted Potatoes ***** (also works in crock-pot).
- BBQ Chicken & Fruit Salad ****
- Stuffed French Toast
- Pesto Cream Sauce
- Pesto Pizza (used bacon instead of mushrooms) *****
- Kicked-Up Carbonara (pasta dish) *****
- Family Favorite Macaroni & Cheese
- Butter Baked Chicken (a friend chicken alternative)
- Bacon Ranch Foil Packet Potatoes (on grill)
- Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne
* * * * *
- Tomato Cucumber Sandwiches (the hubby’s invention) *****
- Ingredients: French bread, sliced; 2 roma tomatos, sliced; 1 cucumber, sliced, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Directions: Stack cucumber and tomato slices onto French bread slices. Arrange onto a platter. Drizzle olive oil and then balsamic vinegar over sandwiches. Shake salt and pepper over sandwiches. Serve immediately.
- Fried Potatoes
- Quick Homemade Applesauce
- Tossed Broccoli Salad *****
- Sweet Dinner Rolls/Crescents
- Tomato Bisque *****
- Famous Challah Bread *****
* * * * *
- Cheddar Bruschetta *****
- Easy Cheese Ball *****
- Ingredients: 2 (8-oz) pkgs cream cheese; 1 (1-oz) pkg ranch or Italian dressing mix; shredded cheddar cheese; 1 pkg real bacon pieces.
- Directions: In bowl, mash cream cheese. Mix in the dressing mix and cheddar cheese. Shape into a ball, then roll in the bacon pieces. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
- Grilled Bacon Jalapeno Wraps ****
* * * * *
- Best Eggnog (family recipe) *****
- Ingredients: 6 eggs, separated; 3/4 c. sugar; 1 pint milk; 1 pint whipping cream; nutmeg.
- Directions: Beat egg whites until firm. Add sugar and beat. In a separate bowl, beat yolks and fold into egg white mixture. Add milk and cream, mixing well. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Best if served immediately.
- Hot Cocoa Mix ****
- Watermelon-Lemonade Cooler *****
- Hot Apple Cider Bar (great idea for a party/shower instead of punch if it’s cold outside)
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Bars — simply amazing.
- World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies (my photos here). ***** Only 2 c. chocolates are needed, not 3, IMO.
- Chocolate Scotcheroos
- Easy Ice Cream Cake (uses ice cream bars)
- Blizzard Ice Cream Cake *****
- Easy Doughnuts (uses Pillsbury rolls)
- Apple Pie
- Strawberries N’ Cream Tarts
- Fudge Crinkles
- Whatever Floats Your Boat Brownies
- Reese’s Squares
- Chex Muddy Buddies
- No-Bake Banana Split Pie
- Irene’s Peach Surprise *****
- Easy Creme Brulee *****
- Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns ****
- Twix Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oreo Balls1pkg Oreos, minus 2 cookies
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 pkg Almond Bark ChocolateBreak up the oreos either by hand or in a food processor. thoroughly mix the cookies and the softened cream cheese together until they are well incorporated together- using your hands works best! then put the mixture in the fridge for a bit to chill so it will be easier to work with.
While that’s chilling, melt the chocolate over a double boiler. you can use any kind of chocolate for this. the recipe calls for almond bark but anything will do. i actually like to use white chocolate sometimes for these (and as a rule con’t like white chocolate!)
While the chocolate is melting, grab the mixture from the fridge and form it into small balls. you can chill these again for a couple minutes if they are too soft. once the chocolate is all melty, dip each ball into the chocolate to coat completely. i always top them with seasonally appropriate sprinkles or oreo crumbles so they look cute. chill them and they are ready to go! they freeze well too.
- Flourless, No Added Sugar Oatmeal-Banana-Raisin Cookies